Palo Alto High Instructions for Athletic Clearance
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW EACH STEP
Part I: Online Athletic Clearance/Registration
- Visit AthleticClearance.com
- If it is your first time, then you must you must REGISTER. Click on the Register button.
- Parents please register with valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate.
- Click on “New Clearance”
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate.
- Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for.
- Choose Sport – choose the one for the current season.
- If your student is going to play multiple sports, you will be able apply this registration to other sports at a later date – information about this will be given later.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information.
- Will need Students info – cell, e-mail, etc.
- Will need insurance information.
- Doctors Name and phone #
- Medical in insurance info
- Be sure to download the blank physical form during this step.
- **Please be sure to update student-athletes grade
- Complete the Parent Information page.
- Complete the on-line Signatures. Both the parent and student must be present for this portion of the on-line clearance. One of the signatures will be confirmation that the Athletic Handbook has been read and understood. It is the responsibility of both the Parent and Athlete to read the Handbook and be aware of our policies and procedures.
- Select a participation donation option.
Part II: Physical and “Ticket to Play” – ALL ATHLETES NEED A TICKET TO PLAY from the Athletic Training Office BEFORE they can tryout.
The ticket will be available from the Athletic Training Office (Room 2107 in Peery Center)
The times below are for SPRING sports: Badminton, Baseball, Diving, Boys Golf, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Softball, Boys Tennis, Track & Field, Boys Volleyball
1/16: 2pm-3:30pm, 1/17: 2pm-4pm, 1/18: 2-3:30pm, 1/19 2pm-4pm
1/22: 2pm-4pm, 1/23: 2pm-3:30pm, 1/24: 2pm-4pm, 1/25: 2pm-3:30pm, 1/26 2pm-4pm
1/29: 2pm-4pm, 1/30: 2pm-3:30pm, 1/31: 2pm-4pm
- For student athletes who still have a valid physical from the 2016-2017 year they are not required for a physical until their physical becomes expired. Once physicals are expired student-athletes will not be eligible for practice/game competition, even if they are in mid-season. Student-athletes must bring in a hard-copy physical to continue playing after their physical is expired.
- Give the “Ticket to Play” to the coach on the first day of tryouts.
*Note All 9th graders must bring in a hard-copy physical, if they haven’t already submitted one for a fall or winter sport
For Questions please email the Athletic Trainer: Justine Iongi—firstname.lastname@example.org